Political Outreach Specialist
Job Title: Political Outreach Specialist
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
Contact: Mark Hosak, Executive Director of Team Kennedy Stewart, [email protected]
Team Kennedy Stewart Vancouver is a non-profit society working to re-elect Mayor Kennedy Stewart and enable his policies to make Vancouver work for everyone. Team Kennedy undertakes grassroots organizing and fundraising to increase our capacity and grow support for Mayor Kennedy Stewart's work.
You will engage in political outreach by phone and over the internet to ask supporters to make donations and take other actions supporting Team Kennedy Stewart.
- Part-time contract work, minimum 10 hours-a-week
- Hourly contracted wage of $23 per hour
- Flexible schedules -- you choose the days
- Work from home - you will use your cellphone or computer to engage in outreach with a provided headset
- Evenings are essential for success -- most people work between 1:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- You must be comfortable talking to people and engaging them in conversation and soliciting donations
- Must be open to feedback on performance to help you grow as an outreach specialist
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Clear speaking voice and phone presence
- Strong knowledge of online fundraising systems and data entry
- Command of English is required, and additional languages are an asset
- Skilled at listening and picking up on verbal cues
- Energetic and compassionate presence
- Enjoys problem-solving, critical thinking and a fast-paced environment.
- Political knowledge about Vancouver is a vital asset.
If you have a passion for politics and making Vancouver a more equitable place for everyone, this is the job for you. In this job, you will engage supporters by asking them to donate to and take action for Team Kennedy Stewart. These opportunities allow people to act on their most deeply held values and make a tangible difference in their city. All while making friends with the dynamic Team Kennedy Stewart crew and volunteers who have a shared vision for our city's future. We hope you will take this ground-floor opportunity to be part of Team Kennedy by applying to join us today!
At Team Kennedy Stewart Vancouver, we believe our team must reflect the city we serve. We encourage Peoples of Colour, Indigenous Peoples, Queer/Trans identifying, and peoples with Dis/abilities to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a paragraph about why you want to help Kennedy make Vancouver work for everyone to [email protected]